Sunday, May 9, 2010

Miserable weekend

After some beautiful weather the last half of the week, the weekend couldn't have been much worse. High winds and a drop of 30 degrees in temperature made Saturday especially miserable. I didn't even try to go out and I heard an unconfirmed report of a boat capsizing in a tournament at Buckeye.
Still, there were tournaments that went on and fish that were caught.
Up at Delaware, the Rick Seevers Memorial Crappie Tournament. I don't know how many of the 60 teams that entered actually fished, but 40 weighed fish and it took a catch of 10 fish that weighed about 8.8 pounds to win. To see the complete results, go to the Ohio Game Fishing site, in The Lounge Forum and there is a link to the full results.
I haven't heard anything about the bass tournaments held at Clear Fork or Buckeye Sunday, but I'm still developing contacts for area tournament results. If anyone reads this who has those results, please send me a report.
I'm looking forward to next weekend, when I have a club tournament on Piedmont. Although the advance forecast shows a warming trend through the week, it also has rain in the forecast at the end of the week. I'll keep my fingers crossed about Saturday.
This is normally a great time of year to fish for bass at Piedmont, but I've had wind and storms ruin days there before!
I did get to Rush Creek for a couple hours Thursday evening. Not a lot of action, but I did hook a couple bass. I Mainly wanted to make sure my small motor would still run after its swim in the lake last fall. I did what I could to prevent damage after it happened, but other than firing it up briefly, I hadn't had a chance to run it until now. It seems to run fine.
Lesson learned: Don't be in such a hurry to get on the water that you forget to clamp the motor down!
On another subject, I had someone ask me where to get a permit for fishing and camping at the AEP ReCreation Land in Muskingum, Morgan and Noble counties. Thanks to modern technology, you can now do that online and I've provided a link to the ReCreation Land portion of the AEP website. You can get a permit there and can also access maps and information about the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment