Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Frustration at Buckeye

Since reports from Buckeye Lake have been consistently good recently, I decided to go there for a couple hours Friday evening. It's not my favorite lake, but it is the closest and I thought the intermittent rain might even help things.
Boy was I wrong.
I missed a fish right off the bat at my first stop and thought it might be a good evening, but the lake was just toying with me. I don't think I had another fish on in the three hours I was there.
If it had been Dillon or Knox or another lake where I have more confidence I might have been upset, but It was Buckeye, where the bass seem to have a history of avoiding me.
I felt more confident going to Knox Sunday, despite the bluebird, almost post-frontal conditions. I didn't kill them, or catch any trophies, but at least I caught some bass.
Looking forward to the next time I get up there. Four-inch Yum Dingers in green pumpkin still seem to be productive there.

No comments:

Post a Comment