Friday, July 16, 2010

Restoring confidence

The best way to restore confidence after a bad day on the water (like I had last Sunday at Seneca), is to get bac on the water and catch a few keepers. It doesn't have to be a great day (but it helps), just catch a few keepers.
Most of this week has been hot and muggy ad I just couldn't get inspired to go out. Friday morning would have been a nice morning to be out, but I wasn't. However, it did get me energized to go out in the afternoon.
Of course, by the time I headed for Dillon, the cloud cover had broken and it was sunny and muggy again. Still, the first place I stopped yielded a 12-inch bass on a black/blue flake stickbait. I didn't catch another keeper until an hour before dark, but my final total of three 12-inch largemouth and one little smallmouth was enough to make me feel I hadn't lost my touch entirely.
I even spotted two adult bald eagles as I headed up the lake, which made the trip worthwhile whether I had caught anything or not.
Bottom line: I'm looking forward to hitting the water again.

No comments:

Post a Comment