Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tappan S.O.B. results

It was cold, rainy and windy at Tappan Lake Sunday, but the fish didn't seem to mind, although they weren't very cooperative where I was fishing.
Tim Magers won the tournament with five bass weighing 8 pounds, 13.2 ounces. He also had a 4-pound, 6.6-ounce fish that took big bass honors.
Kevin Samson finished second with five bass weighing 8 pounds, 3.6 ounces; Randy Brownrigg placed third with five bass weighing 6 pounds, 13.6 ounces; Eric Woodrow took fourth with five bass weighing 6 pounds, 10 ounces, and Tom Sherfy was fifth with five bass weighing 6 pounds, 3.4 ounces.
A total of 44 bass were weighed in by 13 of the 15 members fishing.
Brownrigg held off a late-season run by Mike Baughman to win the club's angler of the year  title. Now we'll see if he can add the club's classic title in the championship tournament to be held Oct. 15 and 16 at Piedmont and Dillon.
I just hope the weather is better than it was Sunday.
I had two keepers in the first hour, one on a spinnerbait and one on a crankbait, but it took me a couple hours to get a third fish, on a hand-poured Senko from Bob's Outdoor Supply.
A bout of bad wind messed up my plans for the next place I wanted to fish, but I missed a couple possible keepers in an area I have seldom fished in the past. I should have stayed there, but I thought another area would produce fish and went  there.
Big mistake. It was another area I hadn't fished in a long time and I was mistaken about the cover I thought was there. By then I was out of time.
I thought I might have enough to at least keep Eric Woodrow from passing me in tghe standings, but I didn't.
Still, sixth is the best I have done in the club standings in a while and I weighed fish in every tournament I fished, which was a nice change from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment