Monday, June 27, 2011

S,O,B, results at Pleasant Hill

You couldn't have asked for better fishing conditions than we had Sunday morning at Pleasant Hill. It was overcast, with mild temperatures and little wind and best of all, the fish were biting! Unfortunately, the last four hours weren't so nice as the speedboaters, skiiers and sun all came out.
It sprinkled little at one point and I hoped it would rain enough to drive off the skiiers and speedboaters, but no such luck.
Southern Ohio Bassmasters had 28 members compete, and 25 of them weighed in a total of 86 bass. Ten five-fish limits were recorded.
Tom Sherfy won the tournament with a catch of five bass weighing 7 pounds, 12.4 ounces. Rick Pfeifer was close behind with only three bass weighing 7 pounds, 4.4 ounces, but he had a 4-pound d, 7-ounce fish that took big bass honors.
Shawn Sprankel finished third with five bass weighing 6 pounds, 13.2 ounces; Chris Lighthizer placed fourth witgh five bass weighing 6 pounds, 6.6 ounces, and Terry Ryan was fifth with five bass weighing 6 pounds, 4 ounces.
I had five fish but they only weighed 4 pounds, 14.6 ounces and I finished about tenth.
I picked a good place to start, had a keeper in the boat in minutes. I had all five keepers by about 9 a.m. maybe 9:30), but I couldn't catch another keeper the rest of the day!
I now guys were catching fish on various lures, but I caught all five of my keepers on plastic. One hit a4-inch Yum Dinger, two were caught on one of Bob's Outdoor Supply hand-poured Senkos and two came on a beaver-type bait.
Our next tournament is July 9 on the Ohio River Hannibal Pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment