Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pete Taylor Memorial results

I hadn't fished the Pete Taylor Memorial Tournament, the annual charity event Cranberry Marsh Bass CLub holds, and I wasn't sure I was going to fish this year. Lindsey had to work and I wasn't sure I wanted to fish it alone. However, since I have a club tournament there Saturday and this was the best chance I had to pre-fish the lake, I figure I would g ahead and fish it.
I certainly didn't set the lake on fire, but I found out enough that I think it will help me come Saturday.
I don't know how many people actually fished, but 68 names were on the entry list, which included a few kids, who fished free, and a few people who paid entries but didn't fish.
At the weigh-in, 27 anglers brought fish to the scales and seven limits were recorded.
Chris Van Skye won the contest with five bass weighing .26 pounds and took big bass honors with a 2.48-pound fish. Bill Henry was second with five bass weighing 8.08 pounds.
Todd Hahn placed third with four bass weighing 5.9 pounds, Mike Goodin took fourth with five fish weighing 5.67 pounds and Zyon Mirise finished fifth with five bass weighing 5.41 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment