Thursday, December 30, 2010

Deer hunting book

I meant to post this sooner, but here it is finally.
Deer hunters should be interested in outdoor writer Rob Lowendick's new book "Deer Hunting in Ohio: History, Legends and Trophies." Look for it at major book retailers, search on the web by title or by visiting Rob's website at www.robertoutdoors.com. Click on "Books."
I haven't seen the book yet (I was hoping to see it before posting this), but it sounds like it has sections that would be interesting even if you're not a deer hunter.

Fishing report?
Sorry I haven't posted more recently, but unless you're an ice fisherman, there just hasn't been much to write about. I've heard some saugeye are being caught through the ice at Buckeye Lake and saugeye are also being caught in some spillway waters, but that's been it.
I don't ice fish, and with it as cold as it has been, I don't have any great interest in fishing the open water in spillways or rivers, either.
Instead, I'll take my time and gradually get boat and tackle ready for spring. I haven''t done much yet, but I've been thinking about how to rearrange things in the boat to make finding stuff easier. Of course, first I have to cut down on how much "stuff" is in the boat.
And that's a problem I've been wrestling with for years.
At least it gives me something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment