Sunday, August 1, 2010

Knox Lake was tough

My daughter outfished me today at Knox Lake.
She doesn't get a lot of chances to go fishing with me these days (that happens when they grow up), so when she had this morning free, we thought Knox would be our best bet for catching some quality bass. It probably was, but since we didn't get there until 8 a.m. (I overslept), we missed the best fishing.
We wound up with two bass each. We each had a 14-incher, but while my other fish was a little one, hers was a 17 1/2-incher. Not a big fish by Knox standards, but her best largemouth to date (which equaled her best smallmouth).
She caught her fish on a black buzzbait (the 14-incher) and a black/blue flake hand-poured Senko-type bait. She also caught a 21-inch channel cat on the black/blue flake worm. That was he best channel cat to date, which makes two personal bests in one day.
That's not a bad outing, even if the numbers we caught weren't great.

No comments:

Post a Comment