Sunday, November 13, 2011

Last tournament

Sorry it's taken me so long to post this; time slips past before you know it.
Anyway, Bub Cooksey's annual season-ending tournament at Dillon was held Nov. 6 with nine boats (16 anglers) competing.
Willard and Mark Hensley walked away with the victory, bringing in four keepers that weighed 5 pounds, 5 ounces. Rick Fifield finished a strong second with two bass weighing 4 pounds, 9 ounces.
Cooksey and Dick Bowman finished third with a 1-pound, 10-ounce fish and I was officially fourth with a 1-pound, 5-ounce bass. I say officially because at east two other boats had fish but didn't bother to weigh them in (it was only paying two places).
Bob Mathie at Bob's Outdoor Supply in Newark donated plaques for the winners.
Will that be my last fishing trip of the season? I hope not, but it al depends on the weather. I was going to go out Sunday but decided I really didn't want to fight the wind that was kicking up.
Next Sunday is out because Southern Ohio is setting up its schedule for next year that afternoon. Maybe Saturday will be decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment